It's a good morning here brethren. Hopefully it is same with you where you are? The new day shall bring about success in place of failure to you as the Lord liveth in Jesus name. Amen.
David the king and a man after God's eyes as recorded in on of the verse of the scripture failed God on day and he received his due verdict from God very heavily. Obviously his eyes led him to what happened between himself and Beersheba. He sorted for a way to cover-up his shame and embarrassment but God who sees the entire universe at a stretch saw all. God was disappointed by the act of David for leaning on his own knowledge to kill Uriah so as to cover his guilt and shame. Eventually God brought light to every matter and David saw himself openly guilty seeing he has failed the Lord Almighty.
1. The Lord sent Nathan to David. When he came to him, he said, “There were two men in a certain town, one rich and the other poor.
2. The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cattle,
3. but the poor man had nothing except one little ewe lamb he had bought. He raised it, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food, drank from his cup and even slept in his arms. It was like a daughter to him.
4. “Now a traveler came to the rich man, but the rich man refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler who had come to him. Instead, he took the ewe lamb that belonged to the poor man and prepared it for the one who had come to him.”
5. David burned with anger against the man and said to Nathan, “As surely as the Lord lives, the man who did this must die!
6. He must pay for that lamb four times over, because he did such a thing and had no pity.”
7. Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul.
8. I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more.
9. Why did you despise the word of the Lord by doing what is evil in his eyes? You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own. You killed him with the sword of the Ammonites.
10. Now, therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own.’
11. “This is what the Lord says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight.
12. You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.’”
13. Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” Nathan replied, “The Lord has taken away your sin. You are not going to die.
14. But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for the Lord, the son born to you will die.” 2 Samuel 121-14 (NIV)
God entrusted the entire Israel to the hands David as their king, expected to watch over the life and properties of His belove. Rather David failed the Lord by first taking advantage over the woman bathing around her apartment and eventually kill her husband so as to justify his unjust act before the people of Israel. He could cover it all before the people but God brought all to public disclosure and gave him the cost price of failing Him who entrusted the people to his care.
Brethren guide your mind says Apostle Paul even when your eyes is seeing wrong make a defence for your self because God will not make such act as mistake. May you never fall victim of circumstance in Jesus name. Amen. When God entrust things to our care He God believe so much that we can be so careful to see those things prosper in our care not be maltreated or malnurtured.
You might get out of this eventually for the moment just has David sins where forgiven but your cost still will be paid one day. I pray this day that you will not plant a very destructive seed in your family in the gracious name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen. Still be careful with God is entrusting to you faithful and humble care brethren. I sincerely pray this morning that that which the Lord has entrusted to your care will not lead to you fall either directly or indirectly in Jesus name. Amen.
Good morning once again and remain lifted in Jesus name. Amen.
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi.