Most attimes we are always seen in the presence of the Lord continually but vividly we are no longer there because we might have failed the Lord somehow. The children of Eli Hophine and Phineas are use to going to war and winning but the moment God left them the never knew the next battle will take away their lives in fulfilling the word the Lord has mentioned earlier. What the young priest did was so heavy that requires a very heavy judgement from the Lord which made the matters of the chosen of Lord a laughing stalk in the community and even the nation around of them.
12. That same day a Benjamite ran from the battle line and went to Shiloh with his clothes torn and dust on his head.
13. When he arrived, there was Eli sitting on his chair by the side of the road, watching, because his heart feared for the ark of God. When the man entered the town and told what had happened, the whole town sent up a cry.
14. Eli heard the outcry and asked, “What is the meaning of this uproar?” The man hurried over to Eli,
15. who was ninety-eight years old and whose eyes had failed so that he could not see.
16. He told Eli, “I have just come from the battle line; I fled from it this very day.” Eli asked, “What happened, my son?”
17. The man who brought the news replied, “Israel fled before the Philistines, and the army has suffered heavy losses. Also your two sons, Hophni and Phinehas, are dead, and the ark of God has been captured.”
18. When he mentioned the ark of God, Eli fell backward off his chair by the side of the gate. His neck was broken and he died, for he was an old man, and he was heavy. He had led Israel forty years.
19. His daughter-in-law, the wife of Phinehas, was pregnant and near the time of delivery. When she heard the news that the ark of God had been captured and that her father-in-law and her husband were dead, she went into labor and gave birth, but was overcome by her labor pains.
20. As she was dying, the women attending her said, “Don’t despair; you have given birth to a son.” But she did not respond or pay any attention.
21. She named the boy Ichabod, saying, “The Glory has departed from Israel”—because of the capture of the ark of God and the deaths of her father-in-law and her husband.
22. She said, “The Glory has departed from Israel, for the ark of God has been captured.” 1 Samuel 4:12-22 (NIV)
These young priest fail their people who so much believe the ministry of their father as being unquestionable. They made the people see the Lord as so wicked to Israel that the wife of Phineas said the glory of Israel is finished. Outrightly they cause their father to fail in his responsibility which he inherited from his ancestors. The work of God entrusted to Eli which is the people of Israel and the ark of covenant has been taken by the enemy, in other words enslaving Israel to the philistine. He totally fail the Lord and have to cost him so much even the life of his entire family died the same day. May this never be the portion of your family in Jesus name. Amen.
I pray for you this morning that you will not fail in your daily business in Jesus name. Amen. Whatever entrusted to your care will not lead you to become a failure in Jesus name. Amen. Every prophecy made before now concerning your failure will not come to pass in Jesus name. The power of the living God will lead you to fulfill destiny and never a failure in Jesus name. Amen.
Good morning and enjoy the midweek in Jesus name. Amen.
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi