The cost of failing God like I mentioned yesterday could be very expensive that one might not be able to bear it. Eli the man so respected by the entire nation of Israel seeing he inherited the heritage of his forefathers fail because of his children. There action did not just cost them as individuals but the entire immediate generation and generations to come are paying for the cost even till date.
27. Now a man of God came to Eli and said to him, “This is what the Lord says: ‘Did I not clearly reveal myself to your ancestor’s family when they were in Egypt under Pharaoh?
28. I chose your ancestor out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to go up to my altar, to burn incense, and to wear an ephod in my presence. I also gave your ancestor’s family all the food offerings presented by the Israelites.
29. Why do you scorn my sacrifice and offering that I prescribed for my dwelling? Why do you honor your sons more than me by fattening yourselves on the choice parts of every offering made by my people Israel?’
30. “Therefore the Lord, the God of Israel, declares: ‘I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.’ But now the Lord declares: ‘Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.
31. The time is coming when I will cut short your strength and the strength of your priestly house, so that no one in it will reach old age,
32. and you will see distress in my dwelling. Although good will be done to Israel, no one in your family line will ever reach old age.
33. Every one of you that I do not cut off from serving at my altar I will spare only to destroy your sight and sap your strength, and all your descendants will die in the prime of life.
34. “‘And what happens to your two sons, Hophni and Phinehas, will be a sign to you—they will both die on the same day.
35. I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who will do according to what is in my heart and mind. I will firmly establish his priestly house, and they will minister before my anointed one always.
36. Then everyone left in your family line will come and bow down before him for a piece of silver and a loaf of bread and plead, “Appoint me to some priestly office so I can have food to eat.” 1 Samuel 2:27-36 (NIV)
The two sons of Eli cause their father to fail Jehovah and it cost the whole of family tree very hard to pay. The heritage suffered for by their forefathers were gradually battered to nothing by their carelessness and unruly behaviours.
I pray you will not fail your generation in Jesus name. The heritage of your family will not be destroyed by you either consciously or unconsciously in Jesus name. Amen. God will give you the grace of keep on with the tax of life in Jesus name. Whatever that will cost of the grace and goodness of God will not locate you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen. You will not be a blockage to the free flow of the grace of God in you family in Jesus name. Amen.
Good morning and God bless
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi.