The Lord in His mercies shall fill us all with great favour this day and bring to perfection all that matters to our lives in Jesus name. Amen. I am very sorry for the two days silence at a result of my inability to share with you, I exhausted my internet data. Your needs shall be met not matter what the situation is in Jesus most wonderful name. Amen.
Brethren today is marking the seventh Sunday after the resurrection of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. Amen. It is precisely fifty day at the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ know as Pentecost. The Pentecost here is a day of harvest when people celebrate and merry for a successive harvest annually in the Jewish culture.
15. “‘From the day after the Sabbath, the day you brought the sheaf of the wave offering, count off seven full weeks.
16. Count off fifty days up to the day after the seventh Sabbath, and then present an offering of new grain to the Lord. Leviticus 23:15-16 (NIV)
This is the usually fifty days after the celebration of the feast of unleavened bread. It is a major feast as commanded by Jehovah to the children of Israel during the course of their journey to the promise land. It is expected to be a party gallore event with series of wining and dining for a whole week.
17. From wherever you live, bring two loaves made of two-tenths of an ephah of the finest flour, baked with yeast, as a wave offering of firstfruits to the Lord.
18. Present with this bread seven male lambs, each a year old and without defect, one young bull and two rams. They will be a burnt offering to the Lord, together with their grain offerings and drink offerings—a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the Lord. Leviticus 23:17-18 (NIV)
Jesus fulfilling the scriptures line by line came and did fulfill this as well. At his ascension he told His disciples to with till the promise of God be fulfilled of the Holy Spirit and that they will become His witnesses.
"8. But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth.
9. And when He had said this, even as they were looking [at Him], He was caught up, and a cloud received and carried Him away out of their sight." Act 1:8-9 (AMP)
At the count of fifty days from the day of resurrection which is the feast of the unleavened bread the word of the Lord came to pass. The Apostle received the Holy Spirit and from then became witness to the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen. Every prophecies spoken many years back concerning you awaiting fulfilment shall be perfected today in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
The disciples waited and the prophecy came even on the day they could never expected, the day of party and celebration. Though you are in expectancy, but the fulfilment shall come when nations around you shall stand to celebrate you in Jesus name. Amen.
This same day the prophecy was fulfilled that:
(1) They will receive the Holy Spirit
(2) They will bear witness
(3) The great commission in the later part of all the gospel was started.
14. Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say.
15. These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning!
16. No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17. “‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.........
22. “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.
23. This man was handed over to you by God’s deliberate plan and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross.
24. But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him........
36. “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”
37. When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
38. Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:14-38 (NIV)
I pray for you this morning that Jehovah will through Jesus Christ bring to fulfilment every long awaited promises concerning you destiny. Amen. You start to flourish in the inestimable blessings and favour of the Most High God in Jesus Christ name. Amen. All around you shall bear witness to the wonderful goodness of God in you entire life in Jesus name. Amen.
Have a wonderful Sunday and Pentecost celebration to the glory of God. Amen.
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi