At Eden sin deprive the man from the benefits of enjoying a stress free life and the man have to cater himself due to his disobedience act. At a point when God has decided to design a group of people for Himself and that through them everyother man will learn how to serve God in the way He wants. One day on the course of fulfilling this, the men in Egypt offended God and He decided death for them mostly their first born man. He never intended the group He has designed called Israel to suffer what the Egyptians will suffer even while in Egypt. He he instruction on how they will be saved.
12. “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord.
13. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt. Exodus 12:12-13 (NIV)
The blood of an animal was shedded for the security of their life. This time it is a tradition in Egypt to shed the blood of animals for rituals either for the sake of atonement of sin which is the covering of sin in the old Testament or to seek the face of the gods they serve and worship. It was never for atonement as the custom of the Egyptian now rather for the salvation and security of the souls of the peculiar people Israel.
Now if the blood of the lamb I mean a mere animal will keep watch of the live of a man then God is the blood that keep that man. Amen. God has designed the blood for a purpose and the purpose is that no magnitude of sin or issues arising that the blood will not be able to sort out. Why because the blood is God Himself which was breathed inside of man at creation. Amen.
11. For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.
12. Therefore I say to the Israelites, “None of you may eat blood, nor may any foreigner residing among you eat blood.”
13. “‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth,
14. because the life of every creature is its blood. That is why I have said to the Israelites, “You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood; anyone who eats it must be cut off.” Leviticus 17:11-14 (NIV)
Gone are those days where this was a mandate but now the blood of Jesus who is the word that was spoken that brought to existence the creatures has been shedded and this speaks better that any other because it does much more than atonement. Amen.
May the blood of Jesus stand for you in Jesus name. Amen. You will have reason to celebrate the blood functionality in you spheres of influence in Jesus name. Amen. If the blood of a mere animal will work for Israel the blood of Jesus will do better for you this day. Amen.
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi