The case of birthright is a very wonderful case that we need to get to it to the extreme. Apostle Paul made some things known through one of his letter the Image of God in man and the position of that man as the firstborn in all. He described the physical and the spiritual stand of this particular son who after all creation get the double honour of being the head of both the spiritual and the physical heritage. Amen.
"15. The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
17. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
18. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
19. For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,
20. and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross." Colossians 1:15-20 (NIV).
The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ here knowing the stand of the firstborn was pleased to make Jesus have all his heritage and through Him every matter that has to do with the family are not decided without him. Because he is the firstborn who should have all say in every matter concerning the family. We are the family of God and that is the reason we even call him to all matters when we have to talk to God the Father of all.
While on earth he Jesus never despised his birthright, though satan came and strive to cause him to despise his birthright according to the gospel of Matthew, Luke and Mark. He rather determined, perseverance was not a challenge for him and contentment were his lifestyle. He thought about myself and you and took up all challenges so that we might enjoy all grace and benefits today. Glory to Jesus!
Brethren you can do same for your self, family and generation next. You can just make sure you stand firm on your feet to see that you do not despise your future with things you can do without. I pray for strength, grace and blessings for you today so that you will be able to withstand all that could despise your heritage and privilegdes suppose to be kept for future. Amen.
Good morning and happy weekend.
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi