The three major activities that transpired today are those that actually led to the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
1. Conspiracy against Jesus: Glory to Jesus! The conspiracy is not a new message among the priest then because they always see Jesus as a threat to their ministry. After Jesus had finished teaching and reaching the people on the real intention of God in the temple, most especially when he said the temple will be destroyed. The annoyance of the people grew more and they eventually sort for means for his death.
1. When Jesus had finished saying all these things, he said to his disciples,
2. “As you know, the Passover is two days away—and the Son of Man will be handed over to be crucified.”
3. Then the chief priests and the elders of the people assembled in the palace of the high priest, whose name was Caiaphas,
4. and they schemed to arrest Jesus secretly and kill him.
5. “But not during the festival,” they said, “or there may be a riot among the people.” Matthew 26:1-5 (NIV)
LESSON: Be courageous in establishing the truth because your adversaries can not openly refuse the truth. Jesus actually knew what will become of Him and He decided to remain faithful to His calling even to the point of death. The grace to carry on in hard times like this, the Lord will release for us all in Jesus name. Amen.
2. Jesus was anointed at Bethany: Same day while the conspiracy is on going Jesus was seen as a honorable man by a woman whom the scripture did not expose her personality. She came and anointed Jesus for exploit so as to withstand the conspiracy and betrayer at hand, though the scripture did not mention that neither did Jesus include that. But it is obvious that the anointing she did went a long way in the remaining day of the life of Jesus Christ.
3. While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head.
4. Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, “Why this waste of perfume?
5. It could have been sold for more than a year’s wages and the money given to the poor.” And they rebuked her harshly.
6. “Leave her alone,” said Jesus. “Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me.
7. The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me.
8. She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial.
9. Truly I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.” Mark 14:3-9 (NIV)
LESSON: Whatever you find doing, do it with joy for the reward await you. Jesus said the woman will be remembered continual and over 2016years this same incident has happened we have come to remember the woman with the alabaster perfume. I pray every good you have done and are forgotten even without any reward then shall be remembered today in Jesus name. Amen. Do not ignore any good work it may go farer than you think.
3. Jesus betrayer was sealed: Averagely the people plotting against Jesus wouldn't have succeeded in arresting Jesus because they are already afraid of Him and the loyalty of the community for Him. Then an insider will have to be responsible for the coup which was sealed by the member of the ministry.
14. Then one of the Twelve—the one called Judas Iscariot—went to the chief priests
15. and asked, “What are you willing to give me if I deliver him over to you?” So they counted out for him thirty pieces of silver.
16. From then on Judas watched for an opportunity to hand him over. Matthew 26:14-16 (NIV)
LESSON: Do not celebrate betray because it will not lead to your destiny. The little you settle for to betray one will actually ruin you. I pray for you this morning you will not fail your purpose in Jesus name. Amen. The spirit of betrayer will not come upon you in Jesus name. You will not settle for just anything rather settle for greatness in God and eternity in Jesus name.
Good morning and bless you. Amen.
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi