A very good morning to you and family in the brightest name of Jesus Christ. Amen. The Passion week day 2 encompasses lots of events but we will look into some that we may have to insight of the happenings. Amen.
1. Jesus explained the withered fig tree: Jesus after cursing the tree and cleansing the temple on the first day went home to relax Himself. But while returning to the temple the following day one of His disciple observe the withered tree and Jesus gave the explanation on the event.
"20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
21 And Peter calling to remembrance says unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which you cursed is withered away.
22 And Jesus answering says unto them, Have faith in God.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be you removed, and be you cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he says shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he says.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things whatsoever all of you desire, when all of you pray, believe that all of you receive them, and all of you shall have them.
25 And when all of you stand praying, forgive, if all of you have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if all of you do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses. Mark 11:20-26 (UKJV)
LESSON: As Christians we should be observant to every word spoken in our present mostly the word of God either from the scripture or prophecies. Just as Peter took cognisance of the word spoken by the Lord and saw it came to pass. Every good prophesy spoken about you awaiting fulfillment shall be fulfill this season in Jesus name. Amen.
2. Jesus took not of the widow's gift: After series of teaching in the temple Jesus same day took attention on the contribution and donations in the temple. He spotted a widow that gave all she had and caught the attention of God for blessing. Amen.
"1 Then Jesus looked at what was happening in the *Great House of God. There was a box for money there. Many rich people were putting their gifts of money into it.
2 Then he saw a woman. Her husband had died. She was very poor. She put two very small coins of little value into the box.
3 ‘Let me tell you this’, said Jesus. ‘This poor woman has put more money into the box than everyone else.
4 The rich people put in money that they do not need. They have plenty more. This woman has less money than she needs. She needs money to buy bread to eat. But she put all of that money into the box.’ Luke 21:1-4 (EasyEnglish)
LESSON: We should learn to give our all to the work of God so as to attract the attention of God. It is not necessarily money buy all we know that will add value to the ministry of the work of God. I pray God will add value to our businesses and will give attention to our prayers in Jesus name. Amen.
3. Jesus prophesy the demolition of the temple and end time: Same day after which He has taught in the temple, he left the temple and mentioned the following.
1. Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.
2. “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”
3. As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”...
42. “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
43. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.
44. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. Matthew 24:1:44 (NIV)
LESSON: We should not be too carried away by the church building because it will be broken one day but the church in our heart will remain. Another thing is that we should be in anticipation for the return of the Lord and that we should watchful in avoiding deception and it's likes. I pray that every building built to shame you be any means shall be destroyed in Jesus name. Amen. I pray for the Spirit of God to lead you aright in you journey in Jesus name. Amen.
Have a great and victorious Tuesday. Amen.
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi