Good morning. Hope the weekend was good and fulfilling? I pray we will always see reasons to celebrate God in our living in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
I want to say a very big sorry for not being able to post since last Thursday till Sunday. I travelled out of my state and was out of network coverage area. Remain blessed. Amen.
This week we are going to study some events that took place during the week according to the scriptures. As we all know this week as the week the Lord Jesus went through hell for you and I. Amen.
Obviously most of us celebrated the Palm Sunday yesterday seeing Jesus triumphantly rode into Jerusalem with lots of attractions around Him as in:
9. The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
10. When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, “Who is this?” Matthew 21:9-10 (NIV)
Nations shall celebrate you in Jesus name. Amen.
Studying more Jesus on the following day had to activities done which shall be noted.
1. He cursed the fig tree: Jesus left Jerusalem after the service of Sunday to Bethany where He lodged. The following day while leaving for Jerusalem He saw a tree expected to bear fruit even out of season.
11. Jesus entered Jerusalem and went into the temple courts. He looked around at everything, but since it was already late, he went out to Bethany with the Twelve.
12. The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry.
13. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs.
14. Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it. Mark 11:11-14 (NIV)
Lesson: Jesus expects us as Christians to be productive at all times. He wants us to live a life that meet with people's need so as to save their lives for their assigned purpose. Amen.
May you never be curse in Jesus name. I pray for you this day that your success will never be seasonal in Jesus name. You shall be productive in whatever you lay your hands on in Jesus name. Amen.
2. Jesus cleansed the Temple: Gone are those days when people (the priest) take advantage of the children of God. They make the place of worship and prayer their business centres. But Jesus refused that and made the purpose of the temple known again.
15. On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple courts and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves,
16. and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts.
17. And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’” Mark 11:15-17 (NIV)
Lesson: We has Christians must not take advantage of our brothers rather stand for one another in prayer. We should understand that when we gather together in our various place of worship we are for God not satan. You will not miss out in out journey in Jesus name. Amen.
Have a wonder day and week ahead in Jesus name. Amen
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi