Glory to God it is another Friday morning and wonderfully the first day of the month of April, 2016. I pray the peace of God into your existence in this new month in Jesus name. Amen. Your failure last month of March shall be tag for success and Lifting in Jesus name. Amen.
The rate at which we dramatically customized ourselves to certain things attimes does not even help us rather it hinders our prayers. Some of us have make our fasting a religious act and therefore are now addicted to it with no relevance to God. Amen.
"9. To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable:
10. “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
11. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector.
12. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’
13. “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’
14. “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” Luke 18:9-14 (NIV)
Our pride in our unacceptable act with God is just a ruin to our destiny not a blessing to us. Jesus Christ while teaching some group who about fasting and prayer make this known to them that you don't have to make fool of yourself by bragging in your unacceptable addiction in your fasting and prayer.
He said the man who does not even fast at all but acknowledge his flaws is better accepted before God compare to that you see fasting as a custom of the land to see God or get closer to God. Fasting and prayer should not be a customary thing neither should it be a traditional festival of seeking God nor should it be an addiction. All these leads to pride and ungodliness. Scripture says such custom leading to pride will actually result to the fall of that man or woman. God is not excited any longer in our tradition that does not edify the purpose of the Kingdom of God. He want us to relate to Him in humility and real righteousness which are the gateway to attain godliness. Amen.
I rebuke every Spirit of pride in you this day in Jesus name. Amen. Whatever you have customized yourself to and dedicate yourself to failing to fulfill destiny in you life shall be separated from you in Jesus name. Amen. I infuse into your life the breath of life through Jesus Christ and release humility and right living into you in Jesus name. Amen.
Happy weekend in a new month and pleasant morning. Amen.
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi