We bless God for the Easter holidays and all event that took place. We shall live to witness more to the glory of God in Jesus name. Amen.
This morning we are taking a study on the life of the Israelites who are the so called the children of God by the covenant God had with them through their ancestors. The Prophet Jeremiah heard their message and delivered to Jehovah who responded in such a powerful manner to them irrespective of His covenant with them.
10. This is what the Lord says about this people: “They greatly love to wander; they do not restrain their feet. So the Lord does not accept them; he will now remember their wickedness and punish them for their sins.”
11. Then the Lord said to me, “Do not pray for the well-being of this people.
12. Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Instead, I will destroy them with the sword, famine and plague.”........
20. We acknowledge our wickedness, Lord, and the guilt of our ancestors; we have indeed sinned against you.
21. For the sake of your name do not despise us; do not dishonor your glorious throne. Remember your covenant with us and do not break it.
22. Do any of the worthless idols of the nations bring rain? Do the skies themselves send down showers? No, it is you, Lord our God. Therefore our hope is in you, for you are the one who does all this. Jeremiah 14:10-22 (NIV)
The people understand that God knew about the problem in their country that has resulted to having no rain for so long that has vastly affected their economy. No crop production neither are there any multiplication of farm animals nor the home enjoying peace rather everything are falling apart seriously. God also understood they could because of all these happenings decide to fast without acknowledging there sins sincerely. God therefore told the Prophet I will not give attention to their fasting. In other words they should not bother themselves to fast and pray to Him.
What God required of us is a sincere humility of ourselves to Him, He want our heart broken indeed and truthful repentance from our inner man. The Psalmist David have this to say " The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart--These, O God, You will not despise." Psalm 51:17 (NKJV)
Brethren even when we are fasting God requires you sincerity with Him and He will perfect your prayer just as He will give cognisance to your fasting.
These morning I pray you Prayer shall be give priority in the presence of God and your fasting shall not be despise in Jesus name. Amen. You be sincere with God and your ways shall prosper with good favour, compassion, mercy and undefiled blessings in Jesus name. Amen.
Good morning and remain lifted. Amen.
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi