Praise be to our God who hath done wonderious things for us. He has given to us another brand new week being the last week in the month of February, 2016. May we live to witness more in Jesus name. Amen.
This week we will be looking at the topic : Play Down The Earthly Wisdom. The bases of our devotion this week is to contradict that usual saying in this present world 'Seeing is Believing'. As a Christian ours should be believing is seeing meaning we anticipate what is coming in the future by faith. We are not affected by what we see rather what we by faith in God believe is coming to being. Amen.
Elijah the Prophet will be our focus of study today where he was seeing it raining after three and half years before any other person. Amen. He announced that it will not rain until he is pleased to make it rain and it was so as he foresee. Let is read his testimony here:
41. And Elijah said to Ahab, “Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain.”
42. So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.
43. “Go and look toward the sea,” he told his servant. And he went up and looked. “There is nothing there,” he said. Seven times Elijah said, “Go back.”
44. The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea.” So Elijah said, “Go and tell Ahab, ‘Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.’”
45. Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain started falling and Ahab rode off to Jezreel.
46. The power of the Lord came on Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel. 1 Kings 18:41-46 (NIV)
The man of God was seeing what others were not seeing because he was not driven by the geography of weather at the time. If it be raining season, summer or snow season was not his concern,: he was seeing what he has said to come to pass. What is it that you have desired in the past days of this month seeming not forthcoming? I decree one after the other will start to come forth in Jesus name. Amen.
The man of God was not moved by the numbers of time he has sent his servant to check the sea where to determine the coming of the rain. He persisted till a sign is given on the sky. This is an indication that if you will be believing before you see you will have to be persistent in faith till you receive. I pray for the spirit of persistent for you today so that you can wait for the effect of God on you faith in Jesus name. Amen.
Whatever you have anticipated before now that is not indicating response from God will today receive attention from God beyond your understanding in Jesus name. Amen.
Therefore see it coming and it will surely come brethren. Have a wonderful day and weekend ahead in Jesus name. Amen.
Prophet Johnson Oluwagbenga Adeniyi.